A lot of guys are worried about the level of “competition” out there in the dating market.
They think that the average guy can’t compete.
But most of the time, the real competition is inside you. It’s inside your head.
“Competition is a conspiracy of the mind”.
I found this great and inspiring thread on the TRUE nature competition, and thought I would share it with you.
THE TRUTH About Competition
1) If a great player plays against an inferior player, the great player will play down to the level of the inferior player
2) Most races, whether on the track or in business or in life, are neck and neck
3) To the casual observer, this appears to be the result of skill levels that approximate each other
4) But this is not The Truth
5) If you extend your hand for a handshake, wherever your hand stops in space, the other is sure to meet it
6) For never has anyone seen two humans with their hands extended for a shake, with 6 inches of distance between their hands
7) Parity is the result of a subconscious contract between two sides
8) That each will adjust their level of output in order to make a game of it
9) It has been said that it is lonely at the top
10) This is not because there are only a handful of humans that are capable of reaching the top
11) It is because humans do not like to feel lonely
12) Competition, you see, is a conspiracy of the Mind
13) It seeks to win, while at the same time, seeking to remain in the fray
14) This is why resounding victories are extraordinarily rare in any human endeavor
15) Years of intimate conversations well beyond the velvet ropes has revealed many things
16) It is a world that the fans and the media never see
17) And it is in these intimate spaces that The Truth that lives beyond the glitz and the glamour is beautifully revealed
18) Understand this: Humans do not like to be outcasts
19) And a man who is a Legend is the greatest outcast of all
20) Though he is adored by millions, he is also subtly shunned by them
21) For they consider him to be beyond their grasp
22) He is indeed celebrated
23) But rarely is he Accepted
24) Humans find safety in numbers
24) Because they cannot fathom the idea of being alone
25) Thus they dull the edges of their talents in order to fit into the crowd
26) They spend the whole of their careers attempting to differentiate themselves from those they secretly wish to join